Friday, July 13, 2018

BEAT TALK: Interview with Younga B. of Blazed Up Records


The Beat Yard sits down and chops it up with rising Hartford, CT based emcee and battle rapper YOUNGA B. about the types of beats that suit his needs and bring out the best in him as a lyricist.  Read all about what he has to say in this in-depth one on one interview.  



The Beat Yard:  What's up Younga B.?  Could you tell the readers a little something about you?
Younga B:  Whats shakin?  I'm from Hartford CT North end. I'm not just a rapper, I'm a musical genius.

The Beat Yard:  What type of beats bring out the best in what you do?
Younga B:  I like the grimy old school boom bap.  That brings out the neanderthug in me.  Something about that vibe brings the grit outta me which makes me come up wit the best bars.  On the flip side I like speedy trap beats heavy on the bass sharp snare.  That brings out my melodic side.


The Beat Yard: How would you describe the beats on your most recent projects?
Younga B:  On my most recent project the beats are a mix of soul trap with a slight classic hip hop feel.

The Beat Yard:  Who are some of the beatmakers / producers you work with?
Younga B:  I work with the greatest set of producers in the world. You got Marti Mcflii, Gainbandz Kgod, Chuckles Beatz, Blinky blank, Twizzie808.  They are the main and maybe the only producers I work with.


The Beat Yard:  Who are some of the producers / beatmakers that you would like to work with 
in the future?
Younga B:  I would like to do some work with Chill Shump he got a cool sound. On a larger scale id like to work with No I.D., Kanye West, Timbaland, or sounwave.


The Beat Yard:  What type of sounds or instruments do you like in beats?
Younga B:  I like all real instruments for starters but my favorite thing to hear in beats is the bassline.  It gotta be funky, the snare, It gotta shock the soul, and the keys gotta take em to chuuuuch!

The Beat Yard:  Do you buy beats?
Younga B:  Fuck no

The Beat Yard:  Why is that?
Younga B:  Because I have a team of producers as well as myself and we can make anything I need. 


The Beat Yard:  Do you like to work on a track with a producer, or do you prefer a producer just send you a track and you work on it on your own time?
Younga B:  To be honest with you either or works for me it doesn't take a difference.

The Beat Yard:  In your own words, what's the difference between a producer and a beatmaker?
Younga B:  A beatmaker just makes beats for anybody and sells then.  A producer crafts specific styles for certain artists. As well as build the beat in a way that guides the artists content on the song.

Follow Younga B. on Instagram at @younga_hoe


No comments:

Post a Comment