Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Beat Talk: Interview with singer Cameron Hailey



The Beat Yard speaks with singer Cameron Hailey about his music, beat choices, and more!  Read all about the artist in this in this one on one interview below.



The Beat Yard:  What's up Cameron, how are you?  Are you ready for this interview?
Cameron Hailey:  I'm doing GREAT, thanks for having me.


The Beat Yard:  How would you describe your brand of music?
Cameron Hailey:  I would still describe my brand of music as THROWBACK HIP HOP/R&b SOUL.


The Beat Yard:  What type of beats bring out the best in what you do?
Cameron Hailey:  Something that speaks to my heart, if I don't feel it nothing good or creative is good come out, my beats usually have samples of old r&b and hip hop.So I would say those type of beats.


The Beat Yard:  Who are some of the producers / beat makers that you work with?
Cameron Hailey:  Baby breeze, OSHEA, Shys Debiocci, & MARQELL (BTW marqell PROD. my new single "1 CALL" feat. Oshea, which out RIGHT NOW. Go check it out you won't be disappointed).


The Beat Yard:  Who would you like to work with in the future?
Cameron Hailey:  I've always wanted to work with TRICKY STEWART, CHUCKY THOMPSON, BRIAN MORGAN, RODNEY JERKEINS And TIMBALAND.


The Beat Yard:  What type of instruments and sounds do you like hearing in beats?
Cameron Hailey:  I love hearing strings and guitars in my music, also I LOVE a banging beat.


The Beat Yard:  Do you buy beats?  How can producers that are reading this get in touch with you to submit beats?
Cameron Hailey:  Yes I always purchase my BEATS; if any producer wants to submit there music my email is Chailey348@gmail.com. I ALWAYS check my emails, so don't be shy to send me something cause you never know.


The Beat Yard:  Would you rather be hands on with a producer and work in the studio with the producer or do you prefer the producer to just send you beats and you work on your own time?
Cameron Hailey:  I Rather be hands on in the studio (with the producer present), I feel like the my songs turn out better that way.


The Beat Yard:  In your own words, what's the difference between a producer and a beat maker?
Cameron Hailey:  An actual producer in my eye helps contribute to writing the songs and has interest in the songs direction or concept. Also they make the beats. And a beat maker is no more than those to words a "BEAT MAKER", and to me those type producers AREN'T producers cause really ANYONE can make a beat; Doesn't mean your an quote on quote producer. Just my opinion.

The Beat Yard:  What are your plans for 2018?
Cameron Hailey:  My plans for 2018 are getting ready for my new Album to be released this spring "LOVECHILD", and the release of my 2nd single. And the MUSIC VIDEO FOR my current single "1 call" will be coming soon as well. So stayed tuned cause I'm gonna be around for a while. 


Cameron Hailey on Social Media
Instagram - @cameronhaileyy Facebook - cameron hailey lockhart & Twitter - @DaRealCameronH.



No comments:

Post a Comment