Monday, December 11, 2017

BEAT TALK: Interview with LORD PAYBACK



Check out our exclusive one on one interview with rising New York rapper LORD PAYBACK here on THE BEAT YARD!  In this interview he talks about the type of beats he prefers, his songwriting method and more!  

Also get updates from LORD PAYBACK at http://www.LordPayback.blogspot.com



The Beat Yard:  How has 2017 been looking like for Lord Payback?
Lord Payback:  Ups and Downs....keep pushing forward no matter what.  


The Beat Yard:  What type of beats bring out the best in what you do as an artist?
Lord Payback:  I prefer beats with a fast bpm....100 bpm or over that are aggressive sounding in nature.


The Beat Yard:  What producers are you working with right now and who would you like to work with in the future?
Lord Payback:  I'm not currently working with anybody...it doesn't matter to me the name or status of a producer...If it's hot then we rock out.


The Beat Yard:  Do you usually write to the beat, or do you write the song and see if you find a beat that matches?  What is your method?
Lord Payback:  I always write to the beat. That's how you get a perfect match. I could do it any way I want but that's the proper way to do it.



The Beat Yard:  Do you buy beats?  
Lord Payback: Yes...I purchase exclusive rights.


The Beat Yard:  Do you prefer to work in the studio with a producer or just get the track and work on it at your own convenience?  
Lord Payback:  I've done both.  I usually do it at my own convenience and produce it myself, but if I am with a true producer not a beat maker and they provide valuable input then I am all for it.


The Beat Yard:  How can upcoming producers get in touch with you for beats?
Lord Payback:  Hit me up at lordpayback@gmail.com...If you do not have a written agreement or if you are not willing to sign the paperwork I provide you with...DO NOT bother to hit me up. 

The Beat Yard:  Could you tell the readers a little about your beat choices on your mixtape series Verbal Battery?
Lord Payback:  I just tried to find aggressive sounding beats that allowed me to speak about what I wanted to write about. The name of the mixtape series is Verbal Battery so obviously I wanted hard sounding tracks. I like beats that can start riots.


The Beat Yard: Is there anything else you would like to plug or shoutout?  
Lord Payback:   Check out my website www.lordpayback.com for more music and merchandise. We have a great line of t-shirts, tank tops and Hoodies with the Payback brand. Also, look out for my single "Get Sexy For Me" on itunes, spotify and every other online outlet. The video is also on the website and youtube. Thank you for the interview. 





No comments:

Post a Comment