Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Beat Talk: Interview with BE CHAP BEATS





     Check out our exclusive one on one interview with rising beat maker BE CHAP BEATS!  In this interview BE CHAP BEATS talks about his history, what inspired him to make tracks, the equipment he uses, and more!!!  Read all about what he has to say below........



The Beat Yard:  Hello Be Chap Beats, how are you?
Be Chap Beats:  Hey whats up, I’m good man just woke up, had a crazy dream last night (laughs) but ready to get to the music today. 

The Beat Yard:  How long have you been making beats?
Be Chap Beats:  Honestly since I was 16, but I stopped and went to Full Sail University.  I actually had a few hip hop beats when I came to Full Sail and got like 4 peers on one while I was at Full Sail, but I didn’t really take it serious then.  I just went and had a blast till I was about 21-22, and then I started back up again and I haven’t looked back since.

The Beat Yard:  What inspired you to want to make beats?
Be Chap Beats:  The love for music, I’ve been playing guitar since I was in 6th grade took lessons as a kid and I knew I loved music then.  When i started making beats it was a lot of fun to me that there were no rules to do it and it just made since to me.  Also scary movies (laughs) I don't know what it is about them but they inspire me as well, and also I used to watch this youtube video of The Alchemist making beats with Prodigy and I thought it was cool he made a living off making beats and his meetings were having friends come over and rapping over his beats in his house thought that was a cool lifestyle.   

The Beat Yard:  Who are some of the producers that you look up to and influence you?
Be Chap Beats:  When I was 16 it was “The Alchemist”.  I still to this day love his beats, but when I heard Key to the City and some Mobb Deep stuff back then I really enjoyed it and it made me want to try that.  Now since I started back up I really look up to Metro Boomin, 808 Mafia and TM88. Their work ethic is crazy and I love the sound they spit out.  Also Epik The Dawn shout out to EPIK .

The Beat Yard:  What type of equipment or software do you use to make your tracks?
Be Chap Beats:  I use my MPC ren to make my beats and logic x or pro tools to mix them. The MPC just gives the best sound ever!  I can't wait to get my hands on that new MPC X it looks crazy! 

The Beat Yard:  How would you describe your overall sound as a producer?
Be Chap Beats:  2 words. Dark And Energetic.  My dad thinks a lot of mine sound like they should be in a horror movie (laughs). 

The Beat Yard:  In your opinion, what's the difference between a producer and a beatmaker and which one are you?
Be Chap Beats:   A producer is def someone who can get more than just the beat.  He needs to find a dope artist then find a dope piano player or musician then find a bomb ass engineer to make the magic happen.  If you can do that and get them in the same room and give them tips while they make the song and they pull it off then you're a producer.  Currently I’m just a beat maker making beats and selling them online. 

The Beat Yard:  Who are some of the artists you've worked with so far?
Be Chap Beats:  Some of the artists I’ve worked with so far are: Soulja Boy, Frank Lini (outta Florida) , Donnie Lesko (outta chi town) / Yung Marley (outta Louisiana) and also some other local artists from their cities.  I hope to work with A LOT more I got a lot of music I want to get out.  

The Beat Yard:  Who are some artists you would like to work with in the future? 
Be Chap Beats:  Ah man!  I'd love to work with Migos, Gucci Mane or Lil'  Booise.  Been listening to Lil' Boosie and Gucci since I was 16.  I think I got some beats they’d enjoy.

The Beat Yard:  Speaking of the future, what plans do you have for the rest of 2017?
Be Chap Beats:  To work hard and get my brand name more noticed.  Make some more moves hopefully get some more placements and of course make more than 365 beats this year (laughs). 

The Beat Yard:  What was one of your worst experiences as a producer and how did you bounce back from it, or learn from it?
Be Chap Beats:  The worst experience I had was not getting the beats to vibe!  I had too many ideas in my head, like oh this sounds cool an this sounds cool but they didn’t sound cool together (laughs), but def drum patterns I had to really work on those since I’ve never took a drum lesson in my life.  The way to bounce back was to just study more music and work at it its all trial and error. 

The Beat Yard:  How can artists get in touch with you for beats?
Be Chap Beats:  If anyone need to lease a track they can get them off my site at http://www.bechapbeats.com  Also got vocal tags, do image design and mixing and mastering. 

The Beat Yard:  Is there anything else you would like to shout out?  Any plugs?
Be Chap Beats:  Yeah, shout out to The Beat Yard for this interview much appreciated. Also shout out to my designer, my family, MPC Cartel, Feltwell apparel and Akai and full sail for all the knowledge. 

_______________________________________________________________


Hip hop producer and Author Rory Bressler releases a book that chronicles his personal journey of cheating death and turning tragedy into triumph, "A Story of Struggle".   

SYNOPSIS
Spiritual Awakening. After seeing the heaven's gates, my spiritual side of me, came from deep inside of me. Me and the Lord, came together and the fight that I've been battling, for 15 years, was finally over because I finally see the light. I knew the Word of God was true , and this is something I will never forget. I seen my self die, and come back to life. To me, it was very scary. I'd never been that scared in my whole life, and I've seen a lot happen, so I hope my story really reaches out to people who have struggled, in any type of way. All these 34 years of my life, dealing with the struggles I've been dealing with, my whole life. I've always asked my self, "Why do I have to deal with all this pain?" That's when I have to pray to the Lord, and ask Him, and He answers in His own way. Goals I have in the next five years; Goals I have, is to tell my story and reach out to 1.5 million people and change lives, see the change in peoples eyes. Become a better man, and be the best father in the world. To show the world, nothing can stop me from living, that only God can judge me. Pray to eat better and gain weight, keep going with my music. "Rory, has been doing music for 13 years, and I've had dreams of helping others, and never gave up, he wants to teach kids to never give up on there dreams, no matter what comes there way in life."

The Official Facebook Link for "A Story of Struggle"
Book is available on these sites
We are donating 20% of sales to children hospitals starting with Michigan and then the more the book goes it will expand to different states and countries. 


No comments:

Post a Comment