Friday, October 28, 2016

Beat Talk: Darrell Herbert the Poet (Interview)



Get to know rising young poet Darrell Herbert AKA The Artivist.  We, at The Beat Yard, recently sat down with the brilliant up and coming master of words Darrell Herbert to discuss all of his recent success and to further tap into the mind of this wonderful and talented "Artist" / "Activist".  
Read all about what he had to say in this amazing interview....


The Beat Yard:  Hi Darrell, what have you been up to?
Darrell Herbert: I have been volunteering more frequently, as well as earning more publications of poetry.  In addition to this, I have also been writing more poetry and songs.


The Beat Yard:  Could you briefly tell the readers a little about you and your poetry?
Darrell Herbert: I'm a poet, and songwriter, among other things. My poetry is well written, emotional, as well as thought provoking pieces of work.


The Beat Yard:  What inspires you to write poetry?
Darrell Herbert: The majority of the time my inspiration to write poetry comes from my current or past experiences. 


The Beat Yard:  You have performed on songs and even written songs as well, could you tell the readers a little bit about the songs you've done and who you've worked with?
Darrell Herbert: I've done a lot of songs with other people. Some are musicians, some are singers, and others are rappers. Others are songwriters. I've done songs with people like James Brown and B.R.E, among many others. I have written songs for people such as Grace and Kyara.


The Beat Yard:  Do you plan on writing more songs to beats in the future?
Darrell Herbert: Yes, I do plan on writing more songs to beats in the future.


The Beat Yard:  What type of beats bring out the best in what you do?
Darrell Herbert: The type of beats that bring out the best in what I do are Rap, Hip-Hop, Indie, Grime, Neo-Soul, Rock, and Metal.


The Beat Yard:  What are some of your favorite beats?
Darrell Herbert: Some of my favorite beats include Last Dinosaurs's "Wellness," MVSCLES's "Sweet n Sour," I Used To Be A Sparrow's "On/Off." 


The Beat Yard:  Is there anything else you would like to share with us?       
Darrell Herbert: I am thankful to be an inspiration for other people.

___________________________________________
Purchase ALL Natural Body Oils, Scents, Lotions and Skin Care Products by the Keith Clark Collection athttp://www.k2c.bigcartel.com
_____________________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment