Thursday, November 5, 2015

Beat Talk: General Grown (Grown Man Talk)



The Beat Yard catches up with rising Georgia based rap recording artist General Grown to discuss his music, current projects, beats, working with Young Goku and more!  Read all about it here.



The Beat Yard:  What's up General Grown?  What's going on? 
General Grown:  LOVING LIFE.  Everything good.  Blessed to be here doing the usual STRAIGHT WORK NO PLAY.



The Beat Yard:  What are your plans for the fall? 
General Grown:  Ya boy mixtape called ALL GAS NO BRAKES is about to drop.  Getting ready for the ATL'S HOTTEST ENTERTAINMENT AWARDS.  I'm a nominee for HOTTEST HIP-HOP MALE ARTIST.  I got some shows coming up.  Other than that we keeping the ball rolling on building the GROWN MAN TEAM A.K.A G.M.T.   


The Beat Yard:  You have a single out right now called "Champion" how would you describe the beat on the single? 
General Grown:  When I got the beat I hadn't came up with a concept to write on.  Listening to it gave me an adrenaline rush FASHO... It made me think about my past and how I've overcame a lot of things in my life.  So to me it was inspiring, it had the CHAMPION feel before I even came up with the hook, fit for a TRUE CHAMPION.  This beat will definitely make you bob your head. 


The Beat Yard:  You worked with Young Goku for the track correct?  Why'd you decide to work with him for this single and most of your music?
General Grown:   FASHO.  I been dealing with Young Goku since I first started taking my music serious.  He's SUPER TALENTED, and he makes beats that fits me perfect.  Plus ya boy about loyalty, and building relationships with people that's about business.  THAT'S MY FAM....  


The Beat Yard:  What type of beats bring out the best in what you do? 
General Grown:  I like high energy beats for the most.  I dig laid back beats too, but a beat that's energetic pushes my writing skills.  Ya boy love to get on a beat and LITERALLY KILL IT.


The Beat Yard:  What type of sounds do you like hearing in beats? 
General Grown:  To be honest I like all types of sounds.  I feel the more creative the beat is, the more creative the artist can get.  As long as it's not too much going on though.  


The Beat Yard:  Aside from Young Goku, who are some of your favorite beatmakers / producers? 
General Grown:   Just to name a few Lee Fleshman, Mannie Fresh, Dr. Dre, Mike Will Made It, and KV.  I'v worked with both Lee Fleshman and KV... Can't wait to work with the rest. 


The Beat Yard:  In your own words, what's the difference between a "beatmaker" and a producer? 
General Grown:  I use to get a misconception of the two... For example: Young Goku made the beat to CHAMPION, but I produced the song.  A beatmaker just makes the beat, not help with the direction of the song.  A producer does both. 


The Beat Yard:  Do you buy beats from outside producers? 
General Grown:  Yes... If it's a beat the catches my attention and fits my flow, I gotta have it.  Young Goku hasn't sent too many beats that I don't like.  That's another reason why I mostly use his beats... 


The Beat Yard:  What's something you would like the readers to know that they may not already know? 
General Grown:  As the Founder/General of the GROWN MAN TEAM A.K.A G.M.T ya boy wanna say WE JUST GETTING STARTED! THE TEAM GOT A LOT ON THE WAY FASHO! I wanna give a BIG S/O TO YOU GUYS THE BEAT YARD FOR THE LOVE, Southeast Hip-Hop Mag, Blacktopia, the whole G.M.T, My Grown Fam, Realistik, VE, Moody and Chaplin, AND ALL SUPPORTERS! SALUTE FROM DA GENERAL! GO-TIME WE-GOIN!!!!!


Purchase his single "Champion" here on Amazon and iTunes
Champion - Single, General Grown


iTunes
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/champion-single/id1008356453


Amazon




1 comment:

  1. yo i really like to hear that young Goku i love when rap artist take popular shows and media icons to place together music. thinks it is a dope ideal

    ReplyDelete