Friday, October 2, 2015

Beat Talk: Interview with R&B singer Nikia



R&B singer Nikia stops by and kicks it with us at The Beat Yard to talk about her new single "The Drug Song" and her forthcoming album She Is Me!  Read all about what she has to say here in this one on one interview.



The Beat Yard:  What's up Miss Nikia?
Nikia:  Hey I'm good... no I'm great!



The Beat Yard:  You have a single out called "The Drug Song" could you tell the readers a little about that?
Nikia:  "The Drug Song" is about someone being addicted to someone's love you know just needing that love to survive.  



The Beat Yard:  Who produced the single "The Drug Song" and how did you connect with the producer for the song?
Nikia:  The song was produced by Shawn keys.  It's funny the song was an accident, he's a great producer he brings out the creativity in you.



The Beat Yard:  Have you worked with this producer before?
Nikia:  With producer before on other songs which you will see on my album She is Me early next year



The Beat Yard:  What producers have you worked with in the past?
Nikia:  Producers I've worked with Gregory Fields Jr.,  Zoid Chords, Bobby Sticks, Jaye Swift, Johnny Wilson, Marty Debarge, Kimo Kaulani to name a few.



The Beat Yard:  What producers would you like to work with in the future?
Nikia:  This is easy I would love to work with Corner Boys, Tank, Timberland, The Dream, DJ Khaled, to name a few



The Beat Yard:  What types of beats, instrumentals, compositions, etc. bring out the best in what you do?
Nikia:  I love a good ballad to be honest a song with a good story to tell.



The Beat Yard:  What sounds or instruments do you like to hear in beats?
Nikia:  I love to hear a good base line, strings, and piano however I do Like different exotic sounds.



The Beat Yard: What is your method for writing a song, do you write to the beat or do you write lyrics and try to find the right piece of music to go with it?
Nikia:  I can really do it either way but I like to be very creative without restrictions so I usually tend to write a song and then compose around it however I can write to music.



The Beat Yard:  Do you assist with the composition or producing of the music?
Nikia:  I most certainly do I like to be involved in the whole process I am nosy (laughs).



The Beat Yard:  Do you prefer the producer to be hands on with you, or do you like to work at your own pace?
Nikia:  I like when the producer is hands on.  I love a good push and a big challenge.



The Beat Yard:  Do you buy beats from producers and beat makers?
Nikia:  I will if its something I really love however I like the live composition better.



The Beat Yard:  How can producers or beatmakers go about submitting beats to you?
Nikia:  Well they can contact my email address and introduce themselves and set up a time to talk all the contact information is on my website www.soundsofnikia.com



The Beat Yard:  Is there anything else you would like to mention in this interview?
Nikia:  Just download my new single "The Drug Song" and look for my album She is Me early next year...




No comments:

Post a Comment