Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Beat Talk: Some Kosher Yuppy (The Reason Behind the Rebel!)



The Beat Yard:  How Are you doing Some Kosher Yuppy?
Some Kosher Yuppy:  I'm doing good… 



The Beat Yard:  What projects are you working on or promoting right now?
Some Kosher Yuppy:  I'm currently working on my 3rd Ep titled No Days Off…I just recently released The Rebel's Reason and you can find that on my website thatyuppyguy.com



The Beat Yard:  What Beatmakers/Producers did you work with on these Projects? 
Some Kosher Yuppy:  On The Rebel's Reason I worked with a producer from San Francisco, CA by the name of Nickolas Hugh, I worked with Chris Calor and Chris Calor actually produced a few records for No Days Off too… I only worked with like 4 or 5 different beatmakers/producers on No Days Off… Guys like Chris Calor, Chemist, ADOT the God, Kountdown & Big Cat…



The Beat Yard:  What type of beats bring out the best in Some Kosher Yuppy?
Some Kosher Yuppy:  Any track that makes me feel something honestly… It may be a Sound, a drum pattern,  or a way I may hear how I can use my voice as an instrument that draws me to a  beat.  When the drums are dope and the sounds are fresh it feels organic then I add my thoughts… West Coast and South tracks usually do it for me…



The Beat Yard:  Who are some of your favorite producers?
Some Kosher Yuppy:  Pharrell, Kanye West, Kane Beatz, Hit-Boy, Dr. Dre …


The Beat Yard:  Do you Buy Beats?
Some Kosher Yuppy:  Yes


The Beat Yard:  Do you like for a Producer to be hands on with the song you are creating or do you prefer them to send you the track and do your own thing?
Some Kosher Yuppy:  Well as of now I do a bit of both, but ideally as an artist you would want the Prodcuer to be hands on in the process so the Record can be that much bigger and really be brought to Life… 



The Beat Yard:  What producers would you like to work with in the Future?
Some Kosher Yuppy:   The guys I named as my favorites.. Pharrell, Kanye West, Kane Beatz, Hit-Boy, Dre… Even guys like Sounwave & Travi$ Scott their sounds are dope to me… there's a lot more too but that would take all day…



The Beat Yard:  Do you like rapping over instrumentals from time to time or do you prefer to create all original content?
Some Kosher Yuppy:  As far as projects go, it will always be Original Content… When I'm kicking it with the homies or even alone I rap to instrumentals to practice the craft,  that's what I grew up doing… Ill always do that…



The Beat Yard:  What are the 5 Best Hip Hop beats you've ever heard?
Some Kosher Yuppy:  Tupac "Ambition Az A Ridah" , Outkast "Skew it on the Bar" ,  Dr. Dre Snoop Dogg "Nuthin but a G Thang" , Eminem "The Way I Am" , Kanye West "Jesus Walks". 

No comments:

Post a Comment